Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fiscal Fast: Day 4

The challenges of getting through the day without spending any money.

Again, it was not a tough day at all. I became a little bored randomly in the afternoon, but no big deal.


As estimate of how much money I would have normally spent that day.

Shelter = $13
Food= $3
Gas = $3
Total = $19


An observation (positive or negative) about my fiscal fasting experience that day.

I am starting to realize that it is possible to live a pretty good life with very little money. I learned some really interesting recipes that I want to cook next week, and I am definitely eating a lot healthier during the fast than I would otherwise. Eating healthy is also cheaper than eating with a high grocery bill. The bottom of the food pyramid is grains, fruits, and vegetables, all of which you could buy for under $1 a pound, while meat and dairy is quite a bit more than that. Eating cheaper naturally seems healthier. I am lowering my budget for food by $50 a month, and I will end up eating out less due to cost and health. Today was another day where my Roth IRA made as much money as it cost to live, totally rocks!

No comments: