Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fiscal Fast: Day 5

The challenges of getting through the day without spending any money.

Not a tough day. I waited until 12:10 to pick up some random food on Saturday just for the sake of it.


As estimate of how much money I would have normally spent that day.

Shelter = $13
Food= $3
Gas = $4
Total = $20


An observation (positive or negative) about my fiscal fasting experience that day.

It was a very positive experience going through the fast. I will start to eat healthier and not go out to eat as much. I am going to do a week long fast once a week every year, just to remember my lack of dependence for money. I will be able to save $2000 this month, and I could reasonably save $1500 a month in September. It sure feels good not being dependent on a ton of money.

No comments: