Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fiscal Fast: Day 3

The challenges of getting through the day without spending any money.

There really weren't any challenges that I could think of. It was a very laid back day. If I had to bring up one challenge, it might be that I have about 2 meals of chicken left.

As estimate of how much money I would have normally spent that day.

Shelter= $13
Food = $4
Gas = $5
Total = $22


An observation (positive or negative) about my fiscal fasting experience that day.

Today was a really easy day. I didnt really feel like I had to spend money on anything today. I read a lot: mostly Diary of Anne Frank and Adrift: 76 Days Lost at Sea (great book!) I had a good day today; it looks like I dont need to spend lots of money in order to enjoy life. In other good news, I made enough money in my Roth IRA to cover my costs of living today! That is an amazing feeling, it will be even better when this happens when Im older.

No comments: