Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fiscal Fast: Day 2

The challenges of getting through the day without spending any money.

The toughest challenge I faced today was not eating after I went to the gym. I went about 4 hours after the gym without eating, pretty much lost any gained muscle there. I also went to the library and looked about 5 minutes for a parking spot that didn''t have a meter, but I didn't have to walk much either so it wasn't that big of a deal.

As estimate of how much money I would have normally spent that day.

Shelter= $13
Food = $6
Gas = $6 (went to the simonizers and played frisbee golf)
Total = $25

An observation (positive or negative) about my fiscal fasting experience that day.

Today was definitely tougher than yesterday but I still got by fine besides my hungriness for an hour or so. There was definitely more positive than negative though; I found a tutoring client that I will tutor for 4.5 hours a week (thats about $500 a month extra!) I also went to the gym and went on the bike and traveled the same distance as my home to school just to see if I could do it. It took 28 minutes, but it might be pretty different in real life due to hills and occasional traffic. I think I am going to get a bike and occasionally drive it to school (when I don't tutor afterwards). If its reasonable doing this, then I wouldn't ever get freaked out if my car doesn't work! I also just noticed that the Dark Night starts on Friday. It would be nice if I could go to a matinee on Friday and it wouldn't be rediculously crowded, but Ill just wait until next week to go.

No comments: