Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fiscally Responsible Independence Day Fiscal Fast Week

This year I have decided to begin the fiscal fast the day after independence day. It just seems appropriate to do it now as a way to have stronger feelings about the dependence of money.

I encourage you to read about last year's fiscal fast by clicking on the label for it on the right side of the screen.

A few details...

Last night I filled up my gas tank at the nearest gas station to home.
I did go to the grocery store on Thursday last week and spend about $30. However, I did not plan to do the fast this week so it seems ok.
If there is a genuine emergency such as my car breaking down then I will break fast (no pun intended).
I will continue the fast until Friday.

I will be leaving a journal entry each day next week concerning the following...
The challenges of getting through the day without spending any money.
As estimate of how much money I would have normally spent that day.
An observation (positive or negative) about my fiscal fasting experience that day.


The main reason why I am doing this is to find ways to enjoy life without depending on money. Also, I want to find places where I could lower miscellaneous expenses and I think by fasting it will show me ways I have not thought of.


Please leave comments of your thoughts or encouragements.

1 comment:

MAQ said...

Isn't is always worth a buck to have a slurpee? I hear there's a purple slurpee in Austin.