Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fiscal Fast Day 1

The challenges of getting through the day without spending any money.

It was an easy day. I stayed home literally all day. Saw the wilmington final, and cooked a huge chicken casserole. I figured that the casserole cost about $6 to make and it will be about 5 meals. Really good deal and good for you.

An estimate of how much money I would have normally spent that day.

Housing = $13
Food = $3
Gas = $0
Total = $16

An observation (positive or negative) about my fiscal fasting experience that day.

It was good to start this fast after doing it last year. I thought a lot about money today and my goals for the future. I have come to realize the importance of an emergency fund, and I have also thought more about how to spend money on things I love, and not on things that I do not really care about.

No comments: