Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fiscal Fast Day 4

The challenges of getting through the day without spending any money.

Good day. I went to Barnes and Nobles, saw a special someone, and read a bit of "your money or your life", which really is a good book. This years fast is a bit easier than last years.

An estimate of how much money I would have normally spent that day.

Housing = $13
Food = $3
Gas = $3
Total = $19

An observation (positive or negative) about my fiscal fasting experience that day.

It was another good day, as I feel that I am not completely dependent on money. The past few months I have been spending more than it seemed necessary,but I think after this fast I will be a little more responsible. I have made some subaccounts at ING, most notably for vacation and for car repairs, and I think that when I get out of debt I will add additional categories such as housing and car.

No comments: