Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fiscal Fast

I will be going on a fiscal fast from Monday July14 until Friday July 18th. What this means is that between Monday and Friday I will not spend money on ANYTHING. I do not have any other bills for the rest of the month, so it will cost me nothing to live those 5 days.

A few details...

On Sunday night I will fill up my gas tank at the nearest gas station to home.
I will spend no more than $20 on groceries the Friday before the fast.
If there is a genuine emergency such as my car breaking down then I will break fast (no pun intended)


I will be leaving a journal entry each day next week concerning the following..
The challenges of getting through the day without spending any money.
As estimate of how much money I would have normally spent that day.
An observation (positive or negative) about my fiscal fasting experience that day.


The main reason why I am doing this is to find ways to enjoy life without depending on money. Also, I want to find places where I could lower miscellaneous expenses and I think by fasting it will show me ways I have not thought of.


Please leave comments of your thoughts or encouragements.

No comments: